Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain (www.uc3m.es) invites applications to fill:
- 2 positions at Post-Doctoral level
- 3 PhD positions
The successful candidates will join the Dynamics and Control in Aerospace Systems Lab, within the Aero Research Group (http://aero.uc3m.es/research.html). In particular, they will work in the Air Navigation and Control research line with Prof. Manuel Soler (http://www.aerospaceengineering.es/)
The duties of the new group members include:
- To develop different tasks in recently granted European projects. Information of these projects can be found at http://www.aerospaceengineering.es/projects. The topics include:
- Aircraft Trajectory Optimization and Climate Change (1 PhD)
- Artificial Intelligence and data-driven algorithms applied to Air Traffic Management and Meteo (1PhD and 1 PostDoc)
- Parallel and GPU optimization applied to Air Traffic Management (1 PhD and 1 PostDoc)
- To teach courses and supervise student projects within UC3M Bachelor and master’s degrees in Aeronautical and Space Engineering. Teaching workload (if any) would be in any case low. Information on these two degrees, exclusively taught in English, is available at uc3m.es.
- To contribute establishing a vigorous, internationally-competitive scientific research program.
- In the case of the 2 PostDocs, to write competitive proposals for extramural research funding.
The desired skills are:
- Young PhD holder (or last year PhD student) in Artificial Intelligence/Data-Driven methods (1PostDoc) and Parallel/GPU optimization (1 PostDoc) with high research potential. Also, candidates with tracks in other disciplines but with applications to aviation and/or SESAR activities will be strongly considered.
- Good publications record; team-working and communications skills.
- International (mobilities, PhD in different country) and independent working (publications without PhD supervisor; projects as PI, etc.)
- Ability to deal independently with scientific and engineering challenges, mainly in innovative, interdisciplinary technologies.
- PhD students:
- Outstanding academic record.
- Young MSc holder (or MSc student with 60 ECTS passed at contract’s signature) with background in Aerospace Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Control Engineering, Applied Mathematics & Statistics, Applied Physics & Meteorology, Environmental Sciences and Climate Change, Artificial Intelligence/Data Science. Also, candidates with tracks in other disciplines but outstanding academic record are invited to apply.
- International experience; team-working and communications skills.
- Ability to deal independently with scientific and engineering challenges, mainly in innovative, interdisciplinary technologies
The contractual conditions are:
- PostDocs: 2-year contract; PhD students: 4-year contract.
- Annual gross salary: PostDocs: 30000€-36000€ range; PhD students: 22000-24000€ range
- Become part of a young, dynamic, highly qualified, collaborative team; Flexible working environment and schedule; Opportunity to travel to international conferences (Europe and oversees) and present research activities; publication in top quality journals; laptop; health coverage under the National Health System.
Those interested in applying to this position please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a CV (max. 4 pages).
- a motivation letter of experience, interests and future goals (max. 1 page)
- the contact information for two professional
Submission of applications is due to March 15th (though early applications are strongly encouraged). Position is expected to be completed in April 2020. and contract is to begin in May/June 2020 (though it might be earlier/later if agreed).