Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain (www.uc3m.es) invites applications to fill one position at Post-Doctoral level (Post-Doctoral Position UC3M) with experience in the field of Aerial Navigation and Control.
The successful candidate will join the Dynamics and Control in Aerospace Systems Lab, within the Aero Research Group (http://aero.uc3m.es/research.html). In particular, she/he will work in the Air Navigation and Control research line with Prof. Manuel Soler (http://www.aerospaceengineering.es/)
The duties of the new group member include:
- To develop different tasks in on-going projects, e.g., SESAR H2020 TBO-Met, Spanish National Foundation Project OptMet, and consultancy projects (e.g., with CRIDA En-Aire and Boeing). Information of this projects can be found at http://www.aerospaceengineering.es/projects
- To teach courses and student projects in Aerial Navigation, Air Transport and UAVs within UC3M Bachelor and Master Degrees in Aeronautical and Space Engineering. Information on these two degrees, exclusively taught in English, is available at uc3m.es.
- To contribute establishing a vigorous, internationally-competitive scientific research program.
- To write competitive proposals for extramural research funding.
The desired skills are:
- Young PhD holder (or last year PhD student) in Aerospace Engineering or related fields with high research potential. Target candidates will be those with research tracks on Optimal Control Theory, Optimization, and/or Stochastic Systems. Also, candidates with tracks in other disciplines but with applications to the air navigation System, UAVs, aviation environmental impact (related to contrails), aviation meteorology, and/or SESAR activities will be strongly considered.
- Good publications record; team-working and communications skills
- Ability to deal independently with scientific and engineering challenges, mainly in innovative, interdisciplinary technologies.
The contractual conditions are:
- A 2 to 4-year contract.
- An annual gross salary in the 25000-35000€ range
- Both duration and salary will depend on candidate’s success on Comunidad de Madrid call to attract young talent (http://www.bocm.es/boletin/CM_Orden_BOCM/2016/06/20/BOCM-20160620-24.PDF)
- Health coverage under the National Health System.
- Those salary supplements based on individual research results, that UC3M could establish yearly. (In 2015 they were typically in the range 3400-8400€ depending on research output).
Those interested in applying to this position please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a CV (max. 4 pages),
- a motivation letter of experience, interests and future goals (max. 1 pages)
- the contact information for two professional
Comunidad de Madrid call closes on July 15. Therefore, early applications will be strongly considered. In any case, the hiring process will go on regardless of the previously mentioned call. Position is expected to be completed in Sept-Oct 2016 and contract is to begin in January 2017 (though it might be earlier in 2016 if agreed).