ISOBAR -Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Meteo-Based DCB Imbalances for Network Operations Planning.
- Horizon 2020.
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH).
- May 2020 – Dec 2020.
- 2 Mi. €
- Funded by
List of Participants
|Participant No. *||Participant organisation name||Country|
|1 (Coordinator)||Centro de Referencia I+D+i ATM A.I.E. (CRIDA)||Spain|
|2||Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M)||Spain|
|3||Cranfield University (CU)||United Kingdom|
|4||Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC)||France|
|5||EUROCONTROL – EUROPEAN ORGANISATION FOR THE SAFETY OF AIR NAVIGATION (ECTL)||Belgium|
|6||DIRECTION DES SERVICES DE LA NAVIGATION AERIENNE (DSNA)||France|
|7||Agencia Estatal de Meteorología (AEMET)||Spain|
|8||METEO FRANCE (MF)||France|
|9||SOPRA STERIA GROUP (SSG)||France|
|10||EARTH NETWORKS (EN)||Spain|
|11||SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIR LINES AG (SWS)||Switzerland|
ISOBAR aims at the provision of a service- and AI-based Network Operations Plan, by integrating enhanced convective weather forecasts for predicting imbalances between capacity and demand and exploiting AI to select mitigation measures at local and network level in a collaborative ATFCM operations paradigm. To achieve this vision, four objectives are set:
- Reinforce collaborative ATFCM processes at pre-tactical and tactical levels into the LTM (local) and Network Management (network) roles integrating dynamic weather cells.
- Characterisation of demand and capacity imbalances at pre-tactical level [-1D, -30min] depending on the input of probabilistic weather cells by using applied AI methods and ATM and weather data integration.
- User-driven mitigation plan considering AUs priorities (and fluctuations in demand based on weather forecasts) and
predicted effectiveness of ATFCM regulations, considering flow constraints and network effects.
- Develop an operational and technical roadmap for the integration of ancillary services (providing AI-based hotspot
detection and adaptative mitigation measures) into the NM platform, by defining interfaces, functional and performance